Ultra Electronics, EMS offers engineering services that encompass all aspects of a complete cradle-to-grave support, engineering, product and systems approach. This covers any and all underwater electromagnetic (UWEM) disciplines, products and analyses for military (onboard ship countermeasures, off-board countermeasures, magnetic treatment, harbour security), research and civil projects.
Countermeasure systems include on-board degaussing (OBDG), advanced degaussing (ADG), advanced impressed current cathodic protection (AICCP), impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP), passive ship grounding (PSG) and active ship grounding (ASG), as well as off-board systems such as magnetic treatment facilities and magnetic ranging facilities.
Countermeasure engineering services provided by EMS include:
- Computer modelling for analysis of UWEM signatures and threat analyses, prediction and risk management
- Feasibility studies, requirements specifications, preliminary design and consultancy services for countermeasure systems
- Contract design, system layout, systems architecture and systems engineering services for on-board and off-board countermeasure systems
- System installation, set-to-work, light-off, SAT and HAT support/services
- System calibration services and support
- Ship magnetic treatment support
Research, civil and military UWEM project services provided by EMS include:
- Computer modelling (FEM, BEM) for analyses of UWEM
- Prototyping of new technologies and applications
- Spiral development of new products
- Feasibility studies
- Applied mathematics, specifically for development of control and implementation of applications